Military users still need access to read-only media such as DVDs due to concerns about viruses and trojans. The MIL-DVD provides a rugged solution for reading & writing recordable media in the field. By mounting a high-quality multi-format DVD-R/W or Blu-ray transport mechanism in a machined case using sorbothane isolators the drive is protected from shock and vibration found in deployed conditions. When the front access door closed, the MIL-DVD is sealed from dust and driving rain and is designed and tested to meet Mil-STD 810G. The system is significantly more robust and environmentally protected than any other commercially available system. Substantial mounting tabs are provided to allow mounting to military vehicles, deployed C4ISR racks or other rugged environments. A choice of cabling is offered depending on the environmental conditions anticipated.
- A-1 Environmental Certifications Overview
- A-2 B300 Environmental Specifications
- A-2 F110 Environmental Specifications
- A-2 V110 Environmental Specifications
- A-2 X500 Environmental Specifications
- A-3 Wheeled and Composite Vehicle Test Specifications (MIL-STD-810G)
- A-6 Aluminum Specifications